THE HEART OF THE NATION BEATS HERE
Meetings mean business in Winnipeg, where the welcomes are always warm. Located in the centre of Canada, this mid-sized, cosmopolitan city boasts a multicultural population where over 100 languages are spoken. Meeting planners reap the rewards here thanks to the city’s state-of-the-art, newly expanded convention centre and world-class off-site meeting venues. Only-in-Winnipeg experiences — from the Canadian Museum for Human Rights to cocktails with polar bears at Assinboine Park Zoo — create memorable take-aways delegates will always remember from meeting here.
Winnipeg by the Numbers
TOTAL GUEST ROOMS6600
TOTAL MEETING SPACE63,800 sq m | 687,000 sq ft
Experts to help you plan
Central Time Zone
This place is perfect for meetings that
- Align with Winnipeg’s major economic sectors: clean energy, agribusiness, life sciences, ICT, advanced manufacturing and financial services pros are all here
- Want to spark conversation with memorable experiences
- Value a connected downtown that’s easy to navigate — it's only a 15-minute drive to the airport
- Applaud the arts, folklore and nature
- Enjoy authentic, Prairie hospitality
- Embrace original thought
You can count on
- Open hearts. Open minds. Winnipeg is open for business
- State-of-the-art RBC Convention Centre Winnipeg — features large exhibit space with natural light and complimentary WiFi
- A big bang for your meeting budget
- World-class galleries, museums, parks and performance spaces for group events
- Access to top performers, musicians, and dancers
- Winnipeg’s dynamic cultural and performing arts scene creating plenty of opportunities for discovery any day of the week before, after, or in-between meetings
Winnipeg will tuck you into a full range of guest rooms. From boutique to brand hotels you know, and an iconic historic hotel. Most of the major convention hotels connect by a heated indoor skywalk leading to the RBC Convention Centre, city attractions and great restaurants. Familiar names you’ll recognize include: Best Western, Delta, Fairmont, Hilton, Holiday Inn and Radisson.
It’s a fact. Event dollars go further in Canada. With the Canadian dollar hovering between 25 and 30% below the U.S. dollar, planners are encouraged to enhance their meeting experience here. Dollars saved on the program requirements can translate into more bells and whistles or your bottom line, you pick.
Groups from outside of Canada may be eligible for financial or tax incentives — inquire at time of booking
Biggest bang for your meeting buck
-4°C to 6°C
25°F to 43°F
14°C to 23°C
57°F to 73°F
2°C to 10°C
36°F to 50°F
-19°C to -9°C
-2°F to 16°F
Winnipeg proved to be a great place for an international conference! The city was easy to navigate and there were so many options for shopping, dining and nightlife just steps away from the convention centre. The friendly people and outstanding service from the venue’s staff and suppliers created a winning combination that made the conference a huge success.
The Wildlife Society
The major benefits for us as an organization is that we get to experience the culture that is in this area, which is a diverse culture. The feedback I’ve had from those on tours has been absolutely fantastic. It's a lovely place to be because everybody is helpful and friendly. Winnipeg is setting the bar higher.
International Association of Women Police
With the development of the Canadian Museum for Human Rights and the vibrancy of the local Indigenous community, Winnipeg is a central destination for scholarly conferences on issues related to human rights and social justice.
2014 Conference of the International Association of Genocide Scholars
Winnipeg is a clear choice for hosting meetings and conventions. It has the diversity and variety to accommodate any type of meeting. There is a lot available in Winnipeg and people are ready to lend you a hand.
2014 Winter Cycling Congress
Here's how we can help you get planning
The team at Business Events Canada helps meeting planners bring corporate, association and incentive events to Canada. Contact our team for:
- Impartial insights
- Bid assistance
- Planning tool kit