Deep roots with a digital pulse. Home to two universities, countless innovation centres and Google’s largest R&D office in Canada, the Waterloo Region is a dream for planners looking to build noteworthy agendas in tech conferences and beyond. A hotbed for innovation, meetings are reinvented in the Waterloo Region where big city amenities complement its small-town vibe. With a culture embedded with entrepreneurism and hospitality, this Canadian high-tech city delivers exceptional experiences for meetings and conventions.
Waterloo Region by the Numbers
TOTAL GUEST ROOMS2700
TOTAL MEETING SPACE55,741 sq m | 600,000 sq ft
Experts to help you plan
Waterloo Region Tourism Marketing Corporation
Eastern Time Zone
This place is perfect for meetings that:
- Thrive on invention, a spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship
- Want to access fascinating keynote speakers – more than 30,000 technology professionals work in the region
- Enhance their group events with locally sourced, farm-to-table experiences
- Offer a spectrum of high-tech and high-touch team building and networking experiences
You can count on:
- Open hearts. Open minds. The Waterloo Region is open for business
- Making connections: two international airports, six U.S. border crossings, and two rail lines connect the Waterloo Region with many of the largest North American markets
- A tech-loving region that speaks your language, more than 400 tech firms headquartered here
- A culture of collaboration. Manufacturing, finance, tech industries and local universities all augment your agenda
- Old meets new in a mix of renovated heritage buildings and luxurious purpose-built venues to gather with your group
- 22 golf courses, and 4,000 acres of green space to stretch your legs between meetings
Learn more about Waterloo Region's Industry Leadership
Moving Your People
Region of Waterloo International Airport (YKF) to registration desk: 20-minute drive
Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) to registration desk: 75-minute drive
By Rail: VIA Rail and GO both service Waterloo Region
Once you’re here: LRT (Light Rail Transit), charter coaches, limos, horse-drawn trolley, Waterloo Central Railway
Guests to the region recognize international brands including: Marriott, Radisson, Delta, Crowne Plaza and the luxurious, Relais & Châteaux, each offering unique meeting spaces and comfortable accommodations. Private names include historic hotels, charming boutique inns and stylish executive guest homes. Stay in tech-savvy hotels downtown where the action is, or retreat to the serenity of a prestigious country estate complete with a luxurious spa.
It’s a fact. Event dollars go further in Canada. With the Canadian dollar hovering between 25 and 30% below the U.S. dollar, planners are encouraged to enhance their meeting experience here. Dollars saved on the program requirements can translate into more bells and whistles or your bottom line, you pick.
Biggest bang for your meeting buck
0°C to 11°C
32°F to 52°F
13°C to 25°C
55°F to 77°F
4°C to 13°C
39°F to 55°F
-9°C to -1°C
16°F to 30°F
Events in Waterloo Region are not only exciting, engaging and memorable for our delegates, but also easy for me as the event planner because of the variety of unique venues, outstanding entertainment options, and exceptional food! Every person that works with me on an event, from the team at Waterloo Regional Tourism to the hotel and restaurant staff, truly understand each event's objective, and together we always deliver top notch events!
Sun Life Financial
Waterloo has some great venues for events. We held our annual meeting reception at the Regional Museum. The venue was great, a local caterer put on a wonderful spread, the decorator transformed the space to suit our request and the staff were terrific to work with.
Ontario Construction Secretariat
Waterloo offers unique experiences you won’t find anywhere else. Something for everyone. Fantastic venues and activities coupled with great customer services is why we love to bring our clients to Waterloo. Every venue we have worked with has gone above and beyond to ensure we have the best experience possible. The Waterloo Tourism sales team knows this area like the back of their hand and are always a phone call or email away with great knowledge and information to help make an informed decision when we can’t actually come see a place beforehand. It’s a great central location for travelers coming from various areas to meet up.
Here's how we can help you get planning
The team at Destination Canada Business Events helps meeting planners bring corporate, association and incentive events to Canada. Contact our team for:
- Impartial insights
- Bid assistance
- Planning tool kit