A SOPHISTICATED CITY PLUNKED IN THE HEART OF A RAINFOREST
It’s the perfect little black dress. And meeting planners can’t wait to say yes to this address. A sophisticated city plunked in the heart of the coastal mountains. A place accessorized with international chic and free spirit. The pros here can’t wait to show you why this city gets top marks for meetings. Here you can roll up your sleeves, feast with foodies, get gala ready or recharge in the great outdoors every day. You might call it the agenda, but we know better.
Vancouver by the Numbers
TOTAL GUEST ROOMS13,000
TOTAL MEETING SPACE91,740 sq m | 987,482 sq ft
Experts to help you plan
Pacific Time Zone
This place is perfect for meetings that
- Inspire their delegates with world-class destinations — Vancouver tops everyone’s list
- Incorporate industry’s biggest thinkers in their agenda: ICT, Natural Resources and Life Sciences pros are all here, along with leading researchers at the University of British Columbia
- Like to network in an inspiring setting
- Like to meet in and out of the boardroom
- Know meetings can be memorable
You can count on
- Open hearts. Open minds. Vancouver is open for business.
- Sustainable meetings in the world's first Double LEED Platinum certified convention centre, the Vancouver Convention Centre
- Outstanding meeting and celebration spaces juxtaposed to the mountains and sea
- A tapestry of natural attractions and cultural experiences
- A vibrant international culinary scene
- Making plans to return for the Celebration of Light annual firework festival
Vancouver offers a full range of accommodation from exclusive boutique hotels, and resort styled waterfront hotels, to historic landmarks. Names you’ll recognize include Delta, Fairmont, Four Seasons, Hyatt, Marriott, Pan Pacific, Renaissance, Sheraton, Trump, Westin. Most are within walking distance of the Vancouver Convention Centre, restaurants and downtown attractions.
It’s a fact. Event dollars go further in Canada. With the Canadian dollar hovering between 25 and 30% below the U.S. dollar, planners are encouraged to enhance their meeting experience here. Dollars saved on the program requirements can translate into more bells and whistles or your bottom line, you pick.
Groups coming from outside Canada may be eligible for financial incentives — inquire at time of booking
Biggest bang for your meeting buck
6°C to 13°C
43°F to 55°F
13°C to 21°C
55°F to 70°F
7°C to 13°C
45°F to 55°F
2°C to 7°C
36°F to 45°F
Vancouver is truly a unique destination for conferences and meetings. The city’s spectacular beauty sets it apart and is complemented by the nature-inspired design of the LEED Platinum-certified Convention Centre. What is not as obvious is the microcosm created by three 5-star hotels adjacent to the centre and several 4-star properties within easy walking distance.
Thank you for everything you did to make our first international annual meeting a huge success. Our attendance was our second highest ever and our attendees can’t stop raving about the location. From a planner’s perspective, everything went off without a hitch.
Intellectual Property Owners Association
Once our delegates arrived in Vancouver they knew they were going to experience something truly special, exciting, and memorable. They told us that everything had exceeded their expectations, and many wanted to repeat the whole event all over again in Vancouver. This city and its infrastructure provided the perfect backdrop for our organizing committee.
World Congress of Dermatology
Here's how we can help you get planning
The team at Business Events Canada helps meeting planners bring corporate, association and incentive events to Canada. Contact our team for:
- Impartial insights
- Bid assistance
- Planning tool kit