The closest point between North America and Europe, St. John’s has been a natural meeting place for over 500 years
The youngest province in Canada. The oldest street in North America. Its very own, unique time zone. Organizations come from all over the world to meet in this jellybean coloured city where modern convention spaces, team building activities and hospitality is unlike any other. When business meetings break, delegates decide: hunt for icebergs, go swimming with whales, or live it up on famous George Street? Meetings are colourful in St. John’s — you only have to chat up the locals to know why.
St. John's by the Numbers
TOTAL GUEST ROOMS2600
TOTAL MEETING SPACE9,290 sq m | 100,000 sq ft
Experts to help you plan
Destination St. John's
Newfoundland Time Zone
This place is perfect for meetings that:
- Originate from the U.K. or Ireland – direct, short flights from both
- Are focused on ocean technology and northern natural resources – the industry pros are all here
- Infuse their meetings agendas with local culture and experiences
- Animate their events with colourful characters and experiences
- Seek easy access to natural attractions and experiences
You can count on:
- Open minds. Open hearts. St. John's is open for business.
- Big charm, small city with first-rate meeting facilities and amenities
- Destination St. John's rolling out the welcome mat — inspirations, introductions and expert advice
- Plenty of ways to entertain your group, in and outside of their meetings
- Easy collaboration between industry and education centres to round out your agenda
- Proven host city welcomes international team sporting events
- Your delegates making plans to return for the Royal St. John’s Regatta, or the George Street Festival
Learn more about St. John's Industry Leadership
MOVING YOUR PEOPLE
St. John’s International Airport (YYT) to your registration desk: 15-minute drive
Once you’re here: your own two feet, public and private charter transportation, kayak, fishing boat, motorized boat
Delta, Fairfield by Marriott, Holiday Inn, Sheraton and Ramada are just a few of the international brands your team will recognize. Delegates luxuriating at the Delta Hotel can access St. John’s Convention Centre or Mile One Centre via the interconnecting pedway. For those looking to stay somewhere distinctly local, other nearby accommodations range from award-winning inns to charming seaside cottages.
It’s a fact. Event dollars go further in Canada. With the Canadian dollar hovering between 25 and 30% below the U.S. dollar, planners are encouraged to enhance their meeting experience here. Dollars saved on the program requirements can translate into more bells and whistles or your bottom line, you pick.
Groups coming from outside of Canada may be eligible for financial or other tax incentives — inquire at time of booking.
Biggest bang for your meeting buck
-2°C to 4°C
28.4°F to 39.2°F
8°C to 15°C
46.4°F to 59°F
5°C to 11°C
41°F to 51.8°F
-6°C to 1°C
21.2°F to 33.8°F
I wasn't sure what to expect and I was overwhelmed with its exotic beauty. It is like Ireland and the Caribbean 'squished together'…and then there are the amazing people! I can't wait to come 'home' again soon.
Pro Plan Conference Planners
St. John’s is the perfect destination with a European feeling but not as far to travel to!
I love the city. From the activity going on at the docks and in the streets to the mix of offering that you can give for meetings and conferences, this is all essential to be able to offer as well as the fact that flights from the UK and Ireland are readily available and only 5 hours. With a time difference of only 3.5 hours jet lag is not an issue, a real plus for meetings of 2-3 days. Your heritage and history gives you so many stories to tell and you have the personalities in the community to tell them. The activities you can offer to the wider event programme are truly unique...
I felt like I was in a Newfoundland commercial for two straight days!
BUKSA Strategic Conference Planners
Here's how we can help you get planning
The team at Business Events Canada helps meeting planners bring corporate, association and incentive events to Canada. Contact our team for:
- Impartial insights
- Bid assistance
- Planning tool kit