A welcoming prairie spirit is as integral to Saskatoon as the river flowing through the heart of the city
Endlessly inviting. Spirited. Youthful and ever-changing. Fuelled by creative spirit Saskatoon is in the midst of an urban rebirth, 6,000 years in the making. The beating heart of Saskatchewan culture and scientific innovation, meeting planners can count on a warm reception when the red carpet is rolled out on these northern prairies. Here, creative conference planners embrace research centres, groundbreaking arts, ancient cultures, and inventive cuisine to create memorable, and immersive, delegate experiences.
Saskatoon by the Numbers
TOTAL GUEST ROOMS4900
TOTAL MEETING SPACE74,322 sq m | 800,000 sq ft
Experts to help you plan
Central Time Zone
This place is perfect for meetings that:
- Connect industry and education — University of Saskatchewan and Saskatchewan Polytechnic researchers support conferences
- Involve local industry leaders in their agenda: biotech, life sciences, mining, nuclear research, Canada’s largest science project are all here
- Seek central and affordable mid-size destinations where their meeting is the main attraction
- Incorporate a balance of work, play and culture in their agendas
You can count on:
- Open hearts. Open minds. Saskatoon is open for business.
- Convention support from Conventions Saskatoon from bid, to booking to final farewells
- Being the star of the show – Saskatoon welcomes big events with open arms
- TCU Place Arts and Convention Centre – located downtown within a 10-minute drive of the airport and University
- An array of hotel, meeting and special event venues within a comfortable walk of each other
- A progressive dining scene and more ways to serve Saskatoon berries than you could ever imagine
- Your guests checking out the lineup for next year’s Fringe Festival
Learn more about Saskatoon's Industry Leadership
MOVING YOUR PEOPLE
Saskatoon John G. Diefenbaker International Airport (YXE) to registration desk: approximately 10 to 15-minute drive
VIA Rail Canada has a Saskatoon stop for easy access to destinations throughout Canada
Once you’re here: kayak, segway, bicycle, classic car rental
Trusted brand names you’ll recognize include: Best Western, Delta, Hilton, Radisson, Ramada, Sheraton and more. Enjoy boutique style on the banks of the South Saskatchewan River at the James Hotel. Or sleep like kings and queens at Delta Bessborough by Marriott, a beautiful historic castle.
It’s a fact. Event dollars go further in Canada. With the Canadian dollar hovering between 25 and 30% below the U.S. dollar, planners are encouraged to enhance theiR meeting experience here. Dollars saved on the program requirements can translate into more bells and whistles or your bottom line, you pick.
Groups coming from outside of Canada may be eligible for tax incentives — inquire at time of booking
Biggest bang for your meeting buck
-4°C to 11°C
24.8°F to 51.8°F
10°C to 25°C
50°F to 77°F
-3°C to 11°C
26.6°F to 51.8°F
-19°C to -8°C
-2.2°F to 17.6°F
We received incredibly positive comments not only about the conference but how the people in Saskatoon treated our delegates. They were outstanding—as was the committee and everyone else involved...
Canadian Society of Association Executives
Support from Tourism Saskatoon was both plentiful and friendly from start to finish. If you are looking for a conference location that literally provides a breath of fresh air, consider Saskatoon…you won’t be sorry.
Heidi Wilker, meeting planner
Our delegates had a fabulous time in Saskatoon! With many flights offered daily from across the country, getting there was a breeze. The convention facilities and hotels worked great for our conference. The city is bursting with culture and passion and this really shows through in their people. Thanks for your hospitality Saskatoon!
Chemical Institute of Canada; Canadian Society for Chemical Engineers
We recently hosted our National Conference in Saskatoon and were pleasantly surprised! Saskatoon was easily accessible with many flights daily from both east and west major cities. Saskatoon has first-class facilities and we found that our delegates were more than happy with their overall experience. Thank you for your hospitality Saskatoon!
Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists
Here's how we can help you get planning
The team at Business Events Canada helps meeting planners bring corporate, association and incentive events to Canada. Contact our team for:
- Impartial insights
- Bid assistance
- Planning tool kit