EDMONTON'S WEALTH OF ATTRACTIONS MAKES MEETINGS MEMORABLE
Meeting planners and delegates jump at an invitation to network and learn in Alberta’s northern-most city. A variety of event facilities incorporate the best of Edmonton, and when you add year ‘round festivals, Canada’s largest sports and entertainment district, the planet’s largest shopping mall, and the doorstep to the Northern Rockies, well, you’ve got just the right combination to set attendance records. Some may call these distractions — but we say they’re some of the best reasons to meet in Edmonton.
Edmonton by the Numbers
TOTAL GUEST ROOMS12738
TOTAL MEETING SPACE61,847 sq m | 665,721 sq ft
Experts to help you plan
Mountain Time Zone
This place is perfect for meetings that:
- Want to include industry expertise into their agenda — Life Sciences, ICT and Natural Resources pros all here
- Want to meet near where they play – Edmonton's ICE District and conventions space are within blocks of each other
- Look to amp up their culture quotient with dynamic museum and gallery events
- Love nature just as much as creature comforts
You can count on:
- Open hearts. Open minds. Edmonton is open for business.
- State-of-the-art, Green Key certified meeting spaces on the edge of the North Saskatchewan River Valley
- An entrepreneurial, "All In," spirit of collaboration
- Prairie light, city lights, and Northern Lights illuminating your event
- A city of creative spirits to help animate your event
- Your delegates booking a return ticket for Edmonton’s festival season
MOVING YOUR PEOPLE
Edmonton International Airport (YEG) to your registration desk: 30-minute drive
Once you’re here: Light Rail Transit (LRT), historic trolley, Segway, ski, snowshoe, jet boat, pedway
Coast, Delta, Fairmont, Hyatt, and Westin are the familiar names that greet your guests. Big brand hotels and independent properties downtown are close to boutique shops, museums and galleries, the Provincial legislature buildings, green space, and walking and cycling trails. A few minutes on the LRT connects downtown to the Edmonton Expo Centre.
It’s a fact. Event dollars go further in Canada. With the Canadian dollar hovering between 25 and 30% below the U.S. dollar, planners are encouraged to enhance their meeting experience here. Dollars saved on the program requirements can translate into more bells and whistles or your bottom line, you pick.
Groups meeting in Edmonton enjoy the Alberta advantage: no provincial tax
Biggest bang for your meeting buck
2°C to 10°C
35.6°F to 50°F
11°C to 23°C
51.8°F to 73.4°F
0°C to 11°C
32°F to 51.8°F
13°C to -3°C
8.6°F to 26.6°F
We applaud all the hard work of your entire staff to ensure the success of our conference! We will definitely recommend the Shaw Conference Centre to others in the meeting planning industry looking to book a group in Edmonton.
Botanical Society of America
Here's how we can help you get planning
The team at Business Events Canada helps meeting planners bring corporate, association and incentive events to Canada. Contact our team for:
- Impartial insights
- Bid assistance
- Planning tool kit