Out of the way, but not out of bounds, this luxury, 5-star retreat on the west coast of Vancouver Island is the corporate getaway delegates crave: far enough away to provide the space to think, brainstorm and problem-solve. Close enough to civilization for all their needs to be met. Sun, sand and the rainforest provide the backdrop to state-of-the-art meeting spaces, luxurious accommodations with waterfront views, coastal cuisine and the restorative experiences of Ancient Cedars spa. This is no ordinary corporate getaway – this is the ‘Wick — where groups come together…naturally.
Ideal Group Size: 20 to 120
- Ancient forests, wide, open beaches, and the natural elements combine to create an oasis of inspiration for corporate groups and incentives. Here, every guest room and public space comes with a beach or ocean view.
- Intimate board meetings for just a few, or a complete buy-out for 100 guests, the ‘Wick, bounded by fabled Chesterman Beach and 100 acres of pristine rainforest, captivates corporate groups in every season.
Experts to help you plan
Pacific Time Zone
This place is perfect for meetings that:
- Bring diverse teams together in an out-of-the-box setting
- Embrace the wild elements in their program-of-events: storm-watching, rainforest and beach hikes clear corporate cobwebs away
- Require sequestered contemplation to set new corporate direction
- Appreciate art in all its forms: visual, culinary, musical – the ‘Wick is a living work of art, and just the inspiration delegates need in between meetings
- Value sustainability – people and nature live in harmony here, which is how the ‘Wick has earned a distinguished five key rating from Canada’s Green Key Eco-Rating program
You can count on:
- Open hearts. Open minds. The luxurious Wickaninnish Inn is open for business 10 months of the year (March to December).
- Meeting in tranquil seclusion — corporate buy-outs enjoy full access to all facilities, allowing plenty of opportunities to activate your brand throughout the resort
- A room with a view! Guest rooms and public spaces all offer beach or ocean views
- Unique delegate experiences that showcase Tofino’s artistic heritage and natural attractions
- Your delegates gathering around a cozy fire, watching waves, soaking up the sun, or just getting to know each other outside the confines of the office
Moving your people
Vancouver International Airport (YVR), South Terminal to Tofino Airport: 45-minute scenic flight, followed by a 10-minute drive
Victoria International Airport (YYJ) to the Wickaninnish Inn: 4 hour scenic drive
Once you’re here: Chartered coach transportation, bicycle rental, surfboard, stand-up paddleboard.
It’s a fact. Event dollars go further in Canada. With the Canadian dollar hovering between 25 and 30% below the U.S. dollar, planners are encouraged to enhance their meeting experience here. Dollars saved on the program requirements can translate into more bells and whistles or your bottom line, you pick.
Biggest bang for your meeting buck
6.1°C to 14°C
42°F to 58°F
10°C to 18°C
50°F to 66°F
4°C to 10°C
38°F to 50°F
2°C to 9°C
34°F to 48°F
The Wick really does provide the entire package: unbelievable scenery, world-class accommodations, unforgettable dining, and unparalleled service. We hope to be back soon!
Here's how we can help you get planning
The team at Destination Canada Business Events helps meeting planners bring corporate, association and incentive events to Canada. Contact our team for:
- Impartial insights
- Bid assistance
- Planning tool kit