Rethink your incentive destination
Urban and adventurous — these Canadian CITIEs deliver the wow factor
Unleash a whole new level of ambition and drive. Reward the peak of your peak performers with aspirational experiences in unexpected places.
Canada’s largest urban centres may be hubs of innovation for a whole spectrum of industries, but they are also some of the country’s top getaway locations to reward top performance. From stylish Montréal with its distinctly French flair, to Vancouver’s laid-back coastal mountain vibe, to the multicultural mosaic that makes Toronto unique in all of Canada, here are just a few ways you can reward the best of your best in Canada’s largest cities.
Explore a kaleidoscope of cultures
Cosmopolitan, creative and chic — an invitation to celebrate with your team in Montréal is always motivating. Undeniably stylish. Dynamic. Cosmopolitan. Montréal is a centuries-old island city with a dual personality: where old-world charm meets high tech innovation, and French meets English — seamlessly. In this cultural crossroad, delegates are dazzled by the city’s unmistakable “joie de vivre.” Gourmet dining, trend-setting entertainment and a never-ending party vibe perpetually land Montréal at the top of everyone’s list of favourite incentive destinations. Ideal as a stand-alone reward, Montréal pairs perfectly with Québec City, nearby Tremblant Resort or Montebello Resort, for dual-destination or tiered incentives.
- Explore historic Old Montréal’s storied cobblestone streets shopping for locally designed clothing and art creations.
- Find an oasis of calm and a dramatic orchestral sound and light show at the Basilica de Notre Dame.
- Be astounded and amazed with an exclusive Cirque performance at Gare Dalhousie, where Cirque du Soleil first began.
- Cruise the tranquil St. Lawrence River aboard the Bateau-Mouche private dinner and cocktail cruises.
- Practice your French in local bistros and boutiques, exploring the city’s myriad of diverse neighbourhoods on guided walking tours.
- Take part in traditional Québécois games, cuisine and maple syrup making, at an authentic, heritage Sugar Shack.
- Sip cocktails near the clouds at Au Sommet Place Ville Marie where 360-degree views of the city await.
- Sample Montréal’s famous food scene: Montréal smoked meats, fresh bagels, and poutine on a food truck dine around, or indulge in something a bit more refined. Your options are plentiful.
The gateway to the Pacific
A sophisticated city plunked in the heart of British Columbia’s coastal mountains. A perfect stand-alone incentive reward, or the gateway to dual-destination events when you combine Vancouver with top tier, or pre and post programs in Victoria, Whistler, and Kelowna, or the wilderness resorts on Vancouver Island — Vancouver always motivates peak performers. This west coast getaway is widely beautiful, and full of free spirits. Here, you can feast with foodies, recharge in the great outdoors, explore the beating heart of its vibrant downtown, bike or stroll its picturesque seawall, or sightsee from the air or water every day.
- Explore scenic Vancouver by bike, trolley, from the waterline by kayak, or aboard a sunset cocktail cruise.
- Celebrate your team atop Grouse Mountain. Partake in an ancient feast inspired by our Indigenous Peoples, marvel at the original Canadian Lumberjack show, or be mesmerized by the lights of Vancouver below.
- Build team spirit on a sea safari scavenger hunt, a BC craft-beer pub crawl, or on a whale-watching adventure cruise.
- Indulge in Vancouver’s progressive global culinary scene on an urban dine-around, a guided food tour, or by wandering the city’s famed Public Market sampling along the way.
- Celebrate science at exclusive branded events set against TELUS Science World’s unique spaces.
Let yourself into Toronto
Big, bold and brash, the gateway to Canada for so many travellers is a contemporary, cosmopolitan glass city of skyscrapers lapping Lake Ontario’s shores. A modern, multicultural mosaic where some 200 dialects are spoken, Canada’s largest city and most-visited destination, Toronto is very much at the heart of the Canadian travel experience. When top performers gather here they’ll revel in the city’s 24-hour energy and the myriad experiences waiting for them: world-class theatre and nightlife, mild, wild and thrill-seeking urban and outdoor adventures, and a global culinary scene that embraces the city’s diversity. Ideal as a stand-alone destination, or paired with nearby Muskoka or Niagara Falls, the views are different here, and that’s part of the attraction.
- Welcome to the big leagues. Toronto is home to big leagues: Major League Baseball’s Blue Jays, the NHL’s Toronto Maple Leafs, and the 2019 NBA champion Toronto Raptors (as well as football, soccer, rugby and lacrosse teams). Box seats to the big game for your top performers? Yes, please!
- Present your team awards in the home of Canada’s game: the Hockey Hall of Fame, a landmark heritage location offering an insider’s peek into Canada’s game, in the heart of Toronto’s bustling downtown.
- Adrenaline junkies can get their thrills at Toronto’s CN Tower Edgewalk Experience, counting their steps along the exterior of the tower, some 116 stories above the city; just the sort of bragging rights that apex performers crave.
- Explore eye-opening exhibits during exclusive events at the Royal Ontario Museum, the Aga Khan Museum, the Art Gallery of Ontario, the Bata Shoe Museum, or the McMichael Gallery (home to Canada’s acclaimed Group of Seven collection).
- Go behind the scenes at Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada where corporate groups can celebrate together while exploring 100 interactive exhibits of exotic marine life.
- Get gala at the Royal Conservatory of Music or the city’s own urban castle, Casa Loma.
- Hoist local pints or craft spirits on a Distillery District dine around.
- Treat your team to Broadway-bound theatre performances, movie premiers and private live concerts; home of events such as the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF), the city’s theatre, film, & music scene is unrivalled in Canada.
- Get active: canoe and kayak the Toronto Islands, explore the city’s urban parklands, or golf any of the dozens of golf courses nearby.
- Whisk the whole team away to neighbouring Niagara Falls to sample the best in Canadian wine and marvel at the Falls. And to make it an unforgettable experience they won’t soon forget, do it all by helicopter.
Creating immersive, educational, and memorable experiences often leads to unplanned moments of cultural understanding and human connection. Beyond bragging rights and bucket lists, beyond photo ops and team building, rewarding your team in these Canadian centres has the potential to build corporate culture, reinforce team spirit, and forge greater understanding of our world.
Inspired? Connect with Destination Canada Business Events to begin planning your next urban incentive experience.
For more on Canada’s signature incentive experiences and destinations visit: https://www.businesseventscanada.ca/explore/canadian-signature-incentive-experiences